Terms & Conditions | Whisky Tasting Experience
Whisky Tasting Experiences Event
These terms set out the basis on which you can purchase tickets for your participation to the Whisky Tasting Experiences Event (hereafter referred as “Event”).
Special Covid-19 Notice
Complies with Singapore Office Facilities Protocol on hosting of external guests and/or events at the Diageo Bar; including the added measures in light of the Covid-19 protocols required by Singapore Government (under the Covid-19 (Temporary Measures) Act 2020) and Global Diageo requirements.
Following Singaporean Government guidelines through their phased re-opening approach, to ensure the health and wellbeing of our employees and visitors, we will be implementing a number of precautionary measures which include, but are not limited to: temperature checks before entering, limiting the number of visitors on-site at any one time, increased cleaning procedures and hand sanitizer stations.
Your Tickets and your Participation
- In purchasing this ticket, you are transacting with Diageo Singapore Private Limited (hereafter referred as “Event Host”).
- All prices are quoted in Singaporean Dollar. Whilst we reserve the right to increase or decrease our prices at any time before you book, once your booking is confirmed the price of your booking as stated in the confirmation email shall not be altered.
- No acceptance of cash.
- No person shall be permitted to enter the Diageo Bar without a valid ticket.
- Whisky Tasting Experience Event can only be rescheduled or cancelled if we receive such notice at least 48 hours before the time of the event booking. Please refer to your booking confirmation email for the relevant contact details.
- Whisky Tasting Experience is only open to Singaporean residents aged 18 years or over and have valid ticket. We reserve the right to request you to provide proof of age to verify that guests are of legal drinking age.
- Please arrive at the Diageo Bar at least 15 minutes prior to the start of your allotted event time-slot. If you are late, we shall assume that you have failed to attend, and we reserve the right to continue the event at the scheduled time in your absence. If you are late or you miss your allotted booking time, it is very unlikely that we will be able to reallocate you or your party to another slot, and, for the avoidance of doubt, we are in no circumstances obliged to do so.
- Due to health and safety reasons, no animals (including guide or hearing dogs) are permitted in the Diageo Bar.
- Please note, we reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to refuse entry to or remove from the premises or the vicinity any person who:
- is behaving in a manner, which, in the opinion of the event host has, or is likely to affect the safety or enjoyment of other visitors, cause annoyance to other visitors, behaving in such a way as to cause danger or distress to others or damage the property; or
- has used threatening, abusive, or insulting words or behaviour or in any way provokes or behaves in a manner which may provoke a breach of the peace.
- Smoking is not permitted at Diageo’s Office Premises.
- Please do not leave baggage and/or personal items unattended at any time.
- CCTV may be in operation at the Diageo Bar for the purposes of safety and security including the detection and prevention of crime.
- From time to time, filming/photography may take place at the Diageo Bar for promotional purposes by Diageo. Please note that images of you may be incidentally captured as you enjoy your experience with us and may be used without remuneration. If you do not wish to be filmed, please contact a member of the staff when you are at the Diageo Bar.
- You agree to comply with Diageo policies to market our brands responsibly and effectively
- We as being the Event Host reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of participations and participants (including an participant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Event Host has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the participate process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the Event. Errors and omissions will be accepted at the Event Host's discretion. Failure by the Event Host to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Event Host's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- Participants consent to the Event Host using the Participant's name, likeness, image and/or voice in the Event (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this Event (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Event Host.
- If this Event is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Event Host, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Event Host reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any participant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Event , as appropriate.
- In the event that the tasting experience is cancelled, the cost of purchase will be refunded via the same payment method used to make the purchase.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limit, exclude or modify or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Consumer Protection (Fair Trading) Actor similar consumer protection laws in Singapore (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Event Host (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Event.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Event Host (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Event Host’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Event Host) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Event Host; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) if the Event is delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Event Host; (f) any tax liability incurred by any winner at the Event; or (g) use of a prize.
- Event Host encourages consumers to enjoy drinking its products responsibly. Legal aged consumers are advised to visit https://www.drinkiq.com/ to get the facts on standard drinks and responsible drinking.